The Northwest Arkansas Gridiron will hold “auditions” Sunday and Wednesday for journalists, journalism faculty and journalism students who want to support a good cause and have fun at the same time becoming actors, singers and dancers for the 2022 edition of the show, which will be performed Friday and Saturday, Nov. 4-5, at the Butterfield Trail Village’s new theatre.
The word “auditions” is in quotes, by the way, because if you want to be in the show, you are in the show. The auditions just help organizers know who is good at what.
The auditions will be at:
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 18, in Kimpel Hall 102, the large lecture room
(parking in the Harmon Drive Parking Garage)
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 21, in Giffels Auditorium, second floor of Old Main, north end
(parking on Arkansas Avenue and at Stadium Drive Parking Garage)
Rehearsals begin Sept. 25 and continue weekly on Sundays and Wednesdays:
- Sundays at 2 p.m. at Kimpel Hall Room 102
- Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at Giffels Auditorium in Old Main
During the final week, the rehearsals move to the theatre at Butterfield Trail Village
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 — 5-11 p.m. — blocking
- Wednesday, Nov. 2 — 5-11 p.m. — tech
- Thursday, Nov. 3 — 6-9:30 p.m. — dress rehearsal (show starts at 7 p.m.)
- Friday and Saturday, Nov. 4-5 — 6-9:30 p.m. — performances (show starts at 7 p.m.)
Contact Charlie Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or a good joke to add to the show. It’s never too late.