Cast and crew who have participated in the Northwest Arkansas Gridiron Show are invited to return to Fayetteville for a reunion at 7 p.m. Saturday, August 3, 2019, at the Mount Sequoyah Retreat and Conference Center, high atop Mount Sequoyah in Fayetteville. We’re still making plans but we wanted to let everyone know the date and so you can make plans to come.
Here’s a brief look at the program being planned for the evening:
- 6:45 p.m. — Doors open. Mingling with drinks and appetizers commences
- 7:30 — Act I — A little singing, a little history and lots of laughs
- 7:50 — Heavy appetizers and conversations
- 8:30 — Act II — More singing, MC recognition and some videos
- 8:50 — Deserts and drinks with more visiting
- 9:30 — Act III — More songs, videos and mea culpas
- 10:05 — Everybody sings “Now It’s Over”
Check in here if you’re thinking about coming. If you’ve already checked in but hadn’t paid yet, you have three options. Cost through July 18 is $10 for past cast and crew and $15 for guests. After July 18, the cost goes to $20 per person.
- Online via Charlie Alison at https://www.PayPal.Me/fayhistory
(accepts credit, debit or PayPal account)
- Send a check made out to SPJ to:
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Or you can pay $20 per person at the door.
The drinks will include $2 beer and wine, as well as non-alcoholic options. Feel free to meet up with friends after the formal reunion. We can offer suggestions if Fayetteville has changed since the last time you were here, like two months ago.
We have created a Facebook group called Gridiron Alumni Society. If you’re on Facebook, please feel free to “join” the group regardless of whether you can make the reunion. There is also an “NWA Gridiron” page on Facebook for promoting the annual shows, so don’t get mixed up between the two.
We are also compiling an email list for those who would prefer to get updates on the reunion via email. Keep up with all things Gridiron through our semi-occasional newsletter.